“Just wanted to let you know what a great team you have there. I had a problem with an account balance last week and the people that worked on my problem would not give up. I wanted to let you know that everyone went above and beyond to take care of me. They always do. I am glad to be associated with such a great team.” – Wayne Griffin, Billing Manager, City of Mt. Juliet, Tennessee
Come Work With Us
Software Solutions is a 100% employee-owned corporation. Join us and experience the difference that employee-ownership can bring to your career and your future!
Software Solutions regularly seeks individuals with a passion for accountancy, customer service, project management, computer science, MIS, analytics, marketing and/or communications to fill the following positions:
- Quality Assurance/Software Engineer
- Implementation Consultant
- Application Software Support Representative
- Web Application Developer
IT and Network Technician II
The IT and Network Technician II will support our growing customer base with hardware and software issues, and complete hardware builds for implementation at customer sites. They will install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot issues on computer and networking software and hardware. They will install, configure, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot file, email, and authentication servers, as well as Internet access and other networked services. They will assist users with software, hardware, data migration and connectivity issues as well as monitor network and systems for performance, security, and other issues.
Summary of essential job functions
- Remote support — Provide world-class support to customers on their business operating systems, a variety of LAN/WAN networking equipment, printers, and various hardware issues. Also supports Microsoft Server, Microsoft SQL, MS Remote Desktop Services, Backup Exec, VMware, Cisco, Anti-malware, and other third party software and hardware as required.
- Troubleshoot technical issues quickly and solve problems effectively and efficiently; answer and update ticketing systems.
- Address Client IT issues with both networking and application configurations.
- Perform onsite visits and/or remotely install, maintain and troubleshoot PC’s, printers, servers, and various hardware and software peripherals.
- Effectively deal with a wide range of people on the phone and in person; demonstrate customer service skills and ability to listen and understand the needs of the customer.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, customer care, writing and multitasking skills.
- Must have solid understanding of Microsoft networking, TCP/IP, PC and server hardware, LAN/WAN, and MS Active Directory Services.
- Must be able to lift at least 60lbs and be able to squat, kneel, and climb ladders.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, be able to travel overnight occasionally, and have access to a vehicle during work hours.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Help Desk/ computer Systems Desktop Support.
- Experience resolving desktop/laptop issues
- Experience resolving network issues
- Experience performing network backups and general server administration
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- Microsoft SQL Experience
Computer literacy, ability to enter customer information into call tracking system, good organizational skills, technical skill, the ability work in a group or on your own, the ability to work without supervision, and level headedness.
Must be comfortable interacting with customers and must display excellent writing, listening and communication skills.Cognitive or Mental Requirements of the Job: Employee must be able to see and hear, read and write English. Requires adaptability, analyzing, assessing, calculating, decision making, dependability, good judgment, reading, memorizing, social skills, speaking, stress control, writing.
Salary Range – $50,000-$55,000
Software Solutions provides excellent benefits, including Employee Stock Ownership,
Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, PTO, 401(k), and Anniversary Bonus.
To Apply: Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to indicate which open position you are applying for in your email subject.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Software Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.